The German Paediatric Heart Centre Sankt Augustin is highly specialized in the
treatment of congenital heart disease. More than 550 operations are carried out per year representing the largest service for newborns and infants in Germany.
The quality of medical care offered by the team of specialists, comprising of cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, intensive care and specialists and anesthetists, is periodically risk-adjusted, analyzed and validated by the European Database.
Constantly our results are among the best in Europe.
The diagnostic and therapeutic procedures used in the German Paediatric Heart Centre are of the most advanced standard. In our modern digital catheter laboratory more than 700 interventions are performed per year.
Numerous frequently cited articles published in the most renowned international scientific journals mirror the quality of patient treatment, indicating the highest international standards.
We focus on:
- Reconstruction of aortic valve
- Ross and Ross-Konno procedure
- Repair of transposition of the great arteries incl. Nikaidoh procedure
- Repair of congenital corrected TGA incl. double switch procedure
- Norwood procedure for hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Cosmetic – minimally invasive access for repair of congenital heart disease
- Early complex biventricular correction
- All types of intervention, including hybrid operations